Surprisingly, the #1 Candy in Washington Isn’t Reese’s!
Halloween is right around the corner and just in time as a new survey has found out which is the #1 candy for Washingtonians and it's not what I was expecting!
My first thought would be that Reese's Peanut Butter Cups would be #1 candy in the state of Washington but according to the website Zippia.com it's not.
Kit Kat is our preferred candy in the state of Washington. Kit Kat is my second favorite candy of all-time so it makes sense that it nudged out the classic Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Zippia.com also breaks down the rest of the states' favorite candies and the survey was surprising as chocolate didn't win the day nationwide. It seems that gummy and fruit-flavored candies are more popular in a lot of other states.
Here are some highlights from the survey that was compiled by Zippia.com using Google Analytics:
- Starburst is a favorite with 6 states loving the fruity squares above all else
- The winner is in, and between chocolate and non-chocolate candy it’s a…toss-up.
- 25 states prefer chocolate candies while 25 prefer gummies, fruit-flavored candies, and other non-chocolate candies.
- If you ever wondered who likes those little orange and black wrapped candies deceptively titled “peanut butter kisses,” the answer is Connecticut. Really, Connecticuters? You’d rather have those tiny-unpleasant tasting bricks than a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup or Crunch bar?
- New Hampshire isn’t much better, loving Circus Peanuts more than anyone other than my grandma.
- 4 states favorite candy comes on a stick
- Iowa may be home to the most candy lovers- In addition to Starbursts, they like Jolly Ranchers, MMs, and Twix the best.
- Unsurprisingly, candy searches soar in October.
- Missouri is for nerds and Alaska is for smarties. Or the candies anyways.
I think the bright stop in this survey is that our neighbors to the South in Oregon love Reese's Pieces. You can check out more on the survey here and here's to happy eating no matter what your favorite candy is!