Mother’s Day Ideas for Moms in Tri-Cities
When is Mother’s Day in 2013? It’s Sunday, May 12. That means it’s time to start planning. We have a few suggestions:
Tickets to an event
- If the woman in your life gets her greatest joy by having fun with her kids, we recommend tickets to “Sesame Street Live” coming to Toyota Center May 15.
- If she’d prefer “Elvis Lives!” — the tribute concert featuring excellent Elvis impersonators, then you’ll have to give her gift early since the show is May 7.
- If the woman in your life would puke at the idea of Sesame Street or Elvis, Lamb of God is coming in June.
- If her idea of a good time is a fun run, you could pay for her registration to our mud run in August.
- The Untapped Blues & Brews Festival is May 11 from noon to 11 p.m. at Clover Island Inn.
- The musical comedy The Drowsy Chaperone will be at Hanford High School on May 11 as well.
- What’s free and great for karaoke fans? The Sunday evening party at Columbia Center Red Lion. The place heats up around 9 p.m. If you’re in Walla Walla, enjoy some free Salsa dance lessons starting at 7 p.m.
Let’s face it, no matter how well we know our moms there are some years we just don’t have a clue what to get her. When that happens, I always fall back on super local gifts.
Day Spa/Massage/Beauty Treatments
Here are a few places my coworkers have tried: