NASCAR Rock Star Coming to Walla Walla!
NASCAR superstar Kyle Petty will be in our neck of the woods this weekend!
In its 23rd year, the Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America is an annual, week-long motorcycle charity ride that raises funds and awareness for Victory Junction – a camp dedicated to providing life-changing camping experiences for children with chronic or life-threatening illnesses. As one of the most successful and popular charity rides in the country, the Ride has raised $17.5 million and sent 7,985 children to camp at no cost to their families.
The group is expected to arrive in Walla Walla at 4 p.m. Saturday and be back on the road Sunday morning at 7:15 a.m. They will be escorted off U.S. Highway 12 by a police motorcade and make their way in a parade down 2nd Street to Poplar Street and then back to the Marcus-Whitman. There will be an autograph signing party after the parade.
This year’s Ride will feature several celebrity riders, including:
• NASCAR Hall of Famer and seven-time champion Richard Petty
• NASCAR legends Harry Gant, Hershel McGriff and Donnie Allison
• NASCAR’s No. 38 driver David Ragan
• Former NFL great and ESPN’s 2016 Coaches Poll greatest college football player of all time, Herschel Walker
• Heisman Trophy winner (1980) and Super Bowl champion (XXII) George Rogers
• NBC Sports NASCAR personality Rick Allen
• Harley-Davidson Museum president, Bill Davidson, who comes from a long list of Harley-Davidson greats starting with his great grandfather who founded the company.
Fans are encouraged to come support the cause and greet riders at one of the Ride’s seven overnight stops or daily pit stops. Spectators along the route may also purchase memorabilia or contribute to the Ride’s “Small Change. Big Impact.” program, which accepts donations at each stop.