Move Over ‘Shark Week’ — This Is ‘Bear Week’!
Everyone’s afraid of sharks and apparently we love watching them on television, but your chances of being attacked by a shark are less than being struck by lightening! Well, SEVEN people have been attacked by bears JUST LAST WEEK! Here are the details:
- A hunter was mauled in Alaska
- A woman camping was bit in Colorado
- Two hikers were attacked in Yellowstone
- Two researchers were attacked in Idaho
- A jogger was attacked in Michigan
None of the victims were killed, it was just random, unlucky chance.
In fact, in the last dozen years fewer than 20 people have been KILLED by bears (but I think that’s still more than sharks!) So Discovery Channel… take note!