The wind did NOT help save a man's home from fire near Prosser. A man's mobile home, parked between Grandview and Prosser, caught fire Saturday night and was completely burned down. His car and a shed were also damaged by the flames. Though the cause of the fire was most likely accidental, the wind definitely helped to spread the flames. The man was able to get a few things out of his home, and was luckily unharmed, but this is just a reminder that the wind is about to pick up, and can cause all kinds of damage. Being careful with fires, even in stoves, is key in the coming months as things dry out. After a long and harsh winter, the spring and summer winds returning are NOT something we're looking forward to.

More From 102.7 KORD