Need a Job? WSDOT is Hiring
If you're looking for a job and don't mind snow, WSDOT (Washington State Department of Transportation) is an operation you may want to check out.
WSDOT is looking to fill positions with the maintenance team all over the state. If you're comfortable working outdoors and with the public, this could be for YOU!
The goal is to keep roads open and vehicles moving this winter season.
So what kind of jobs will these positions handle? Great question:
- Operating a variety of heavy equipment including snowplows and applying anti-icing materials to the roadway
- Maintaining and repairing roadways, catch basins, culverts, guardrails, and other infrastructure
- Removing debris from highways and reporting possible issues with a highway such as potholes and cracks
- Providing traffic control at worksites and collision scenes
- Conducting minor maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Conducting grounds keeping and upkeep at maintenance facilities
- Being prepared to respond to emergencies 24/7
- Providing excellent customer service when interacting with the public
Working with WSDOT isn't for everyone. In fact, there are some special requirements, including, having a Commercial Driver's License A or B without restrictions, a current medical card, and, a high school diploma or GED.
However, if this DOES sound like a match for you, and you'd like more information, click the button below.