Kennewick Schools Cancel Activities, But Practices Continue
Kennewick School District has also cancelled after school activities, here's what was sent out to parents on Friday around 1PM:
"Based on updated guidance from the Benton-Franklin Health District regarding social distancing, events and public gatherings, all Kennewick School District non-essential after-school activities and travel are postponed beginning Saturday, March 14 until further notice.
- Athletic competitions
- School concerts and performances
- School assemblies
- School-wide events (such as PTA/PTO/ATP, Booster Clubs)
- Volunteers working within schools
- Travel for staff and students outside Washington state and to high-impacted areas within the state, including King, Pierce and Snohomish counties
- Field trips
- Washington state (WIAA-sanctioned) drama and dance competitions
Practices (sports, theater, etc.) may continue. A list of affected activities may grow as we work with partners: Benton-Franklin Health District, Washington State Department of Health, Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction and stakeholders over the coming days. We will update you as we make those decisions. You may review information already shared with you on the Kennewick School District website."
For more information click on the button below.