Who,Who,is outside my window
An Owl has been Hooting Outside My Window for the past two nights
I am not a superstitious person, But I checked on folklore and superstitions to find out what is said.
– If an owl lands on the roof of your house, it is an omen of death. Constant hooting near your house also foretells death.
– If an owl hoots at the moment of childbirth
, the child will have an unhappy life.
– The Irish believe that if an owl flies into a house it must be killed immediately. If it escapes, it will take the luck of the house with it.
– If an owl nests in an abandoned house, then the dwelling must be haunted. An owl is the only creature who can abide a ghost.
– By eating salted owl, a person can be cured of gout.
– If an owl hoots during a burial service, the deceased is bound to rise from the grave and haunt the living.
– An owl living in the attic of a house will cause a pregnant woman to miscarry.
– If a pregnant woman hears the shriek of an owl, her child will be a girl.
Some native American tribes believe that the owl always brings bad omen. This is not so with the Shwanee tribe. The owl brings a spiritual message. Sometimes it may mean death but not always. You have to count the hoots to determine the message.
One hoot was an omen of impending death
two meant success in anything that would be started soon after
three represented a woman being married into the family
four indicated a disturbance
five denoted coming travel
six meant guests were on the way
seven was a sign of mental distress
eight foretold sudden death
nine symbolized good fortune.
My owl Hoots in three’s….. ((crap!))