What Not to Wear on a First Date! — So THIS Is My Problem!
A new survey from Match.com says many men underdress for a first date and many women dress too slutty. Any survey where men say women dress TOO slutty should automatically be suspect — just kidding! But I think it’s true that, in general, men are too casual about their dress when trying to make a good impression. Here are the specific items and accessories to ignore:
The survey said…
- Men, no sweatpants (no duh) — but women? I think it depends on the activity.
- Men, no flip flop and shorts (if it’s a dinner date)
- Men, nothing covered in pet hair (goes for women, too)
- Men, no gold chains. This isn’t “underdressed” but it does make a weird first impression.
- Women, no Ugg boots (on a first date. Some men think they’re cute, but don’t risk it on a first date).
- Women, no extremely-low tops. Sure, men like boobs, but first dates are about judging more than cup size.
- Women, no stripper heals. (I think this can apply to all occasions.)
- Women, no long, fake fingernails. (only women like these, men don’t find these attractive, sorry.)
I think my dating problems could partly be my dress. I wear a lot of jeans, baseball caps and sandals. That’s got to be it because the rest of me is FREAKING PERFECT!
To prove it, check out my awesome pick up lines.