- (Photo – Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
Expecting a few more snow showers throughout the afternoon and evening. Temperatures will remain below freezing so roadways will continue to be slick and dangerous for drivers. Expect more school delays and cancellations on Thursday. Live reports begin at 5am with the morning crew.
For up-to-date information hourly go HERE.
Hanford: Non Essential Employees have been sent home. Employees are required to check with their supervisor prior to leaving.
Tri-Cities-area School Districts
• Asotin-Anatone Sch. Dist.
– Asotin, Clarkston, and Lewiston School Districts will all be operating on time today. Posted: Wed. 18th, 06:14 AM
• Benton Franklin Head Start
– All morning classes closed including Early Head Start. All afternoon classes are operating on regular schedule. UPDATE
Posted: Wed. 18th, 10:15 AM
• Columbia Sch. Dist.
– Afternoon preschool is canceled. High school early release bus routes will be combined. Please expect delays in students arriving home. Posted: Wed. 18th, 08:36 AM
• Kennewick Sch. Dist.
– will open two hours late today. St. Joseph’s and Bethlehem Lutheran also on a two hour delay. Morning Tri-Tech classes are cancelled. Posted: Wed. 18th, 05:00 AM
• Pasco Sch. Dist.
– All Pasco School District activities are canceled for this evening. This includes all practices, clubs, games, levy information sessions and all other events at all schools and across the district. CHS 7th hour classes and PHS 8th hour classes are also cancelled. There will be no activity buses running tonight. Posted: Wed. 18th, 12:39 PM
• Paterson Sch. Dist.
– 2 hrs late, No preschool, Buses on snow rts UPDATE (For Thu. Jan 19th)
Posted: Wed. 18th, 11:21 AM
• Prescott Sch. Dist.
– Prescott School District is closing early today, Wednesday January 18. Students will be released from school at 1:30 pm and buses will be transporting students. Posted: Wed. 18th, 12:47 PM
• Prosser School District
– TOMORROW – Thursday, January 19
2 Hour Delay, No AM Tri-Tech, No morning Pre-School, No Breakfast (For Thu. Jan 19th)
Posted: Wed. 18th, 12:09 PM
• Richland Sch. Dist.
– Because of the storm today, all after school activities, practices and meetings have been canceled at all schools. UPDATE
Posted: Wed. 18th, 12:39 PM
Yakima-area School Districts
• Toppenish Sch. Dist.
– There are no delays or school closures today, Wednesday, January 18. UPDATE
Posted: Wed. 18th, 10:43 AM
• Yakima Sch. Dist.
– Today is Wednesday, January 18 and schools are OPEN AND ON TIME; however, students on Bus Routes 2 and 8 are asked to use their alternate bus stops. All school-sponsored afterschool activities are cancelled today. UPDATE
Posted: Wed. 18th, 09:22 AM
• Kingspoint Christian School
– Closing at 1 p.m. due to weather conditions. No PM extended day. No after school activities. UPDATE
Posted: Wed. 18th, 12:12 PM
• Prosser Boys & Girls Club – Club closing at 5:30pm. No Club Mentor. Posted: Wed. 18th
Transportation – Highways – Interstates
– Oregon Highway Status Report: 11:30a 1/18/2012
Chains or traction tires are required on mountain passes.
Motorists must be alert for falling trees, debris, mudflows, etc. Travelers should carry extra supplies (food, water, cell phone and charger, blankets) and be prepared for delays and road closures.
Portland metro area
• I-5 (Pacific Highway) Northbound right lane closed at Macadam (mp 299) due to high water; loss of lane has created long backups. No estimate for reopening
• I-84 (Columbia River Highway) through the Columbia River Gorge is open but expect packed snow east of Cascade locks (mp 44) and the interstate is closed at mp 123
• OR 43 (Oswego Highway; SW Macadam Ave.) Left lane closed near merger with Interstate 5 due to landslide. Reopening expected mid afternoon
• U.S. 26 (Sunset Highway) is closed between U.S. 101 and Staley’s Junction (OR 47) (mp 0—45) due to downed trees and power lines. No estimate for reopening
• U.S. 101 is closed at the Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport (mp 141) due to a crash. No detour; plan alternate route
• OR 6 (Wilson River Highway) Debris flow warning system activated
Central Willamette Valley
• OR 18 (Salmon River Highway) is closed between six miles east of Otis and Grand Ronde (mp 6.5—21). No estimate on reopening
• OR 229 (Siletz Highway) is closed nine miles north of Siletz (mp 15—16) due to hazardous trees. No estimate on reopening
• I-84 closed at milepost 123 due to semi into guardrail crash
• U.S. 97 (Sherman Highway) closed at milepost 23 near Moro due to two semis sliding off highway
• All state highways open
• Oregon 38 (Umpqua Highway) Debris flow warning system activated in 11-mile section east of Reedsport along the Umpqua River
• I-84 closed WB at MP 164 (Boardman Exit 164) due to Posted: Wed. 18th, 11:38 AM
• ODOT/East. Ore. – I-84 is now open Westbound at MP 164 (Boardman Exit 164). The route was blocked near Boardman earlier today due to multiple vehicles crashes. Expect winter weather condition throughout the region. Drive with extra caution and check TripCheck.com for update highway information. UPDATE Posted: Wed. 18th, 12:45 PM