The Good Old Days
I was looking through some old photos the other day, and found one of my graduation pictures. The first thing that came to mind was even in high school I had radio face, and I was one snappy dresser. A flood of memories came back to me, as I remembered all those friends and the great times we had. So I went on line and found some items from 1980, the year I graduated.
* The latest Stephen King novel, Firestarter cost $13.95
* On average, gas was $1.20 a gallon
* A 19 inch color TV with remote was $485
* The McChicken sandwich cost .80 cents
* A VHS machine would run you $699
* A pack of smokes was one dollar
* On average a new house was $69,000
Times were allot simplier then, so we thought. I think I still have a few concert t-shirts laying around some where.