Kim Wants a Hollywood Star
The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a place for talented entertainers to be honored. The famous star awards can be found in California down Hollywood Boulevard between Gower Street and LaBrea Avenue. They also run up Vine Street between Sunset Boulevard and Yucca Street.
No reality TV star has earned a place on the famous walk and Kim Kardashian wants to be the first! Earlier this week she stated, “Of course I’m so competitive that I think that it would be a huge achievement and a goal that anyone would want. I would love to break that mold”.
Does she deserve this honor? Does Kim’s contribution (which includes a sex tape, hours of reality TV, and millions of self-promoting tweets) really qualify her as a deserving entertainer?! I feel very strongly that the answer is NO! But you can decide for yourself.
Symbols on the Stars
First it is important to know the different fields that people can earn a star in! Each star has a different symbol which represents the category in which the celebrity received his or her star. The symbols are:
1. Movie Camera – for contributions to the motion picture industry
2. Record – for contributions to the recording industry
3. Microphone – for contributions to the radio broadcast industry
4. Television – for contributions to the television broadcast industry
5. Theater Masks – for contributions to theater
Criteria for Getting a Star on the Walk of Fame
The criteria for getting a star on the Walk of Fame are fairly simple. For consideration, a nominee must:
1. Have a record of professional achievement within the nominated field.
2. Have worked in the entertainment industry for a minimum of five years.
3. Have made contributions to the community, typically through charitable activities.
The recipient must also agree to attend the dedication ceremony. In addition, a sponsorship fee of $25,000 must be paid. Non-human and fictional characters are also eligible for stars on the Walk of Fame. Kermit the Frog, Big Bird, Rin Tin Tin and Lassie all have stars.
Some of the Details
Anyone can nominate a celebrity for a star as long as the sponsorship fee is paid.
One posthumous award is given each year.
Celebrities are allowed to have more than one star on the walk of fame. Country Singer, Gene Autry has five stars which is the most stars any celebrity has received.
Some very famous Celebs – like Clint Eastwood, Mel Gibson, Jane Fonda and Robert Redford do not have stars on the walk of fame. These stars were not snubbed they were never nominated.