Guess What 7 Celebrities Have Ties to the Tri-Cities!
With the huge growth the Mid-Columbia has gone through, you would never think any big celebrities have ties here. Well, they do and I have found 7 from a wide list.
1) Chuck Palahniuk: He was born in Pasco in 1962. Remember the award-winning novel Fight Club? This gentleman wrote it and is a successful novelist and freelance journalist.
2) Brian Urlacher: He was born in Pasco in 1975. Crushing opposing quarterbacks for the Chicago Bears for thirteen-years, Urlacher is a former NFL Defensive Player of the Year.
3) Hope Solo: She was born in Richland in 1981. One of the best female soccer goalkeepers, she has been part of the United States National Soccer Team since 2000.
4) Kimo von Oelhoffen: Born in Hawaii in 1971, he currently resides Kennewick. A professional football player from 1994 to 2007, he became a Super Bowl Champion in 2005 with the Pittsburgh Steelers.He is also famously known as the owner of the restaurant “Kimo’s.”
5) Nate Mendel: He was born in Richland in 1965. He is the current bassist for the Grammy Award-winning band, Foo Fighters. He is a part of six of the band’s seven studio albums.
6) Orson Scott Card: He was born in Richland in 1951. One of the most successful novelists of our era, he wrote the award-winning Ender’s Game and its sequel Speakers for the Dead among others.
7) James Albough: He was born in Richland in 1950. He was the former Executive Vice President of The Boeing Company and Chief Executive Officer of the Boeing Commercial Airplanes business unit. At one point in his career, he managed 70,000 employees and supervised a nearly $31 billion budget.