Everybody, I’ve Got a Suggestion: Let People Pay to Skip Lines!
Last week we read that people in a survey said they’d pay on average $12 to avoid standing in line at airport security! I think the TSA should take them up on that! We decided to ask how much you’d pay at several more places. Here are the surprising results:
- Most people be willing to pay between $5-7 to skip lines at the DMC. Several more would be willing to pay double that!
- Huge numbers of people would be willing to pay up to $3 to skip the line at Walmart and several were willing to pay up to $5.
- Most people would be willing to pay $10 to skip lines at Disneyland and some were willing to pay up to $30!
- Most would pay up to $3 to skip the line at a stadium bathroom and over a dozen people said they’d be willing to pay up to $10!
- 90 percent of people say they’d pay an extra $2 to skip the lunch rush line at their favorite fast food restaurant. But no more!
- Most people would be willing to pay up to $10 to skip the line at their doctor’s office. Nine people were willing to pay $15 and seven were willing to pay up to $20!
So I say let them! The fee would more than pay for the extra personnel or facilities it would require and it would make the lines shorter for the rest of us! The DMV could maybe afford to lower fees! Is anybody important reading this?