Early Morning Fire Displaces Kennewick Residents [VIDEO]
An early morning fire displaced several Kennewick residents this morning at the Tanglewood Apartments. Kennewick Fire Department arrived on scene to several apartment units on fire but quickly got the fire under control.
I talked with manager Dave Strope who explained that a faulty laptop charger had sparked and caught fire on the bed of a resident. A total of 8 units were damaged beyond repair and 12-15 more units will need to be refurbished. It is not known yet if the building will be a complete loss or not. There is a total of 22 residents displaced.
Strope commented that first respondents were quick to the apartments saving potentially another building.
Disaster relief is being provided by the Red Cross and a shelter has been set up at Kamiakin High School Gym. There were no injuries.
Dave Stropes added “The fire is reminder that electronics that are plugged in overnight can also cause electrical fires so always be vigilant”.