Debi Eng & Friends
Debi’s musical education started at home with her parents, Bud and Fran Smith. They too were musicians and frequently played at Pasco’s Eagle Club. Debi herself started gigging with Frank Eng and Greg Metcalf in ’78 and has been playing and singing ever since.
Eng received her formal education at Central Washington University and has been a music teacher at Central Washington University, Park Middle School, Southridge High School, Chiawana High School and soon will be joining the faculty at Kennewick High.
My favorite songs Debi sings are her originals. Some to listen for are ‘Think about the Children’, ‘Mornin Sun’, and ‘Simple’. She also does excellent renditions of Beatles, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Adele, and Peter Frampton tunes. If you catch a gig at Mezzo Thai in Richland you can find her husband, Frank Eng playing a Pizza Box with brushes.
While Debi possesses many talents, her greatest gift is her kind heart. She continues to touch the lives of her listeners, friends and family.
Debi Eng will be featured at the following locations this summer:
- Walla Faces (216 East Main Street, Walla Walla, Washington 99362) This Sunday – July 15th: 3pm-6pm
- Bookwalter (894 Tulip Ln Richland, WA 99352)- Friday – July 27th :7pm – 10pm
- Bookwalter – Sun, Mon. & Tues, July 29th-31st: Sunday (2pm-5pm) Monday & Tuesday (5pm-8pm)
- Mezzo Thai (94 Lee Blvd. Richland, WA 99352) – Friday, Aug. 10th: 6pm – 9pm
- Walla Faces – Sunday, Aug. 19th: 3pm-6pm
The best way to book Debi Eng for an event is via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.